How to EPSC2021
EPSC2021 will be a fully virtual event. Taking into account the feedback and lessons learned from 2020 we have made some adjustments to the format for this year's meeting.
Materials to prepare as a presenter
Your abstract has been accepted and assigned to the appropriate scientific session.
As a presenter you are invited to prepare and upload two elements:
- Your video or poster presentation: this presentation is for asynchronous viewing by the conferences attendees and will stay accessible on the EPSC2021 website for one year. Video recordings should be maximum 10 minutes length (15 minutes for solicited authors) and posters should be in a screen-friendly format.
- The 1-slide for the 1-minute-1-slide live pitch (3-minutes-3-slides for solicited authors): this slide will be shown during the live scientific sessions as support for your 1-minute live pitch. The 1-minute-1-slide pitch is not a summary of your presentation, but rather a teaser to encourage participants to check out your presentation (video or poster) and engage in asynchronous discussions on Slack.
Please check out the example for the live pitch by clicking here
If you cannot deliver this pitch live, then please upload a video recording of your 1-minute-1-slide pitch instead.
If you do not wish to deliver a pitch at all, then please inform the conveners. You can only deliver a pitch if you have uploaded your scientific presentation.
Live scientific sessions are divided in three parts:
- Short introduction by the session chair(s);
- 1-minute-1-slide live pitches from the presenting authors, one after the other. The slides will be shown via share-screen by the session chairs, who will also invite the authors to speak to the audience at the appropriate time;
- Live Q&A (with voice) with the audience, moderated by the session chairs.
Each scientific session will have a dedicated channel on the EPSC2021 Slack. Authors and attendees will be able to interact on this channel during the entire conference at any time and discuss the presentations. The title, authors and link to each presentation will be pinned in the channel and should be used as a thread for the discussions related to the presentation. Please engage in lively and constructive discussions on Slack.
Keynote presentations are delivered by invited keynote speakers. Keynote presentations will be followed by a Q&A session, using the dedicated function of the Zoom webinar in which attendees submit questions in writing.