Registration for the European Planetary Science Congress 2021 is by payment of the appropriate registration fee. The paid registration grants access to all restricted scientific content and allows participating in the thread-based discussion forums of the virtual meeting. Please note that the online registration must be processed with the Copernicus Office user ID which will later be used for the online participation.
The participation fees have been increased for EPSC2021 to cover the actual costs associated with the organisation of a virtual meeting, which were significantly underestimated last year for EPSC2020.
Online registration will be possible from 1 July 2021. The deadline for the early registration is 3 August 2021. The registration payment can be made by bank transfer or credit card (Mastercard, VISA, JCB or American Express) whereas bank transfer registrations will only be possible by 31 August 2021. As of 1 September 2021, the payment of your registration will only be possible by credit card. Unpaid registrations will not grant access to the restricted content area of the virtual meeting.
Remark on VAT: while in-person conferences invoice registration fees with the value-added tax (VAT) of the country where the event takes place, fully virtual participation has by EU law a different regulation. The prices below are all net prices. The VAT in the invoices and payments will be added as follows and depends on (a) the country of residence of the attendee and (b) whether they apply an institutional invoice to their employer or a personal invoice:
- Institutional invoice for German institutions: 19% German VAT will be added to the net prices given below and the gross amount must be paid.
- Institutional invoice for institutions from EU countries excl. Germany: the institution's VAT ID must be provided. Then, the reverse-charge procedure will be applied. The invoiced amount stays net and the institution is obliged to settle the VAT in their country.
- Institutional invoice for institutions from outside the EU: the reverse-charge procedure will be applied. The invoiced amount stays net and the institution is obliged to settle the VAT in their country.
- Personal invoices, residency Germany: 19% German VAT will be added to the net prices given below and the gross amount must be paid.
- Personal invoices, residency EU excl. Germany: the OSS procedure will be applied. Copernicus will use the VAT rate of the country of residence of the attendee. This VAT rate will be added to the net prices below when issuing the gross invoice amount to be paid. Copernicus will centrally settle these foreign-country VAT amounts with the German authorities.
- Personal invoices, residency outside the EU: this is not possible. Attendees from outside the EU must apply an institutional invoice.
|Categories||Early registration rates
(deadline: 03 August 2021)
|Late registration rates
(from 04 August 2021)
|Regular Europlanet Society member:||€100 net||€150 net|
|Regular non-member:||€175 net||€225 net|
|Student or Doctoral Candidate (1) Europlanet Society member||€75 net||€125 net|
|Student or Doctoral Candidate (1) non-member||€125 net||€175 net|
|Early Career Europlanet Society member (2)||€75 net||€125 net|
|Retired / Emeritus (1) Europlanet Society member:||€75 net||€125 net|
|Retired / Emeritus (1) non-member:||€125 net||€175 net|
|Teacher / Amateur Astronomer (3) Europlanet Society member:||€75 net||€125 net|
|Teacher / Amateur Astronomer (3) non-member:||€125 net||€175 net|
Europlanet Society membership
Europlanet Society membership is open to active researchers, early career scientists, students, retired scientists as well as amateur astronomers, industrial partners, outreach providers and educators. Research organisation, institution or industrial partners involved in planetary science and related fields can also elect to become organisational member of the Europlanet Society, which will enable them to grant memberships to their staff.
Please visit https://www.europlanet-society.org/join/ to join the Europlanet Society.
We will be offering bursaries for early career professionals (within 7 years of last degree), students, doctoral candidates, amateur astronomers, outreach providers, educators and researchers from under-represented states.
Successful bursary applicants will be able to reclaim the EPSC2021 abstract processing fee of €50, as well as their participation fee.
Terms and conditions
- Online registration must be accompanied by payment. Otherwise, it will not be processed and no access to the restricted content is granted.
- Registrations are for the persons specified and are non-transferable.
- Changes to registration invoices are only possible with regard to the invoice address or order references. Any such claims must be received by Copernicus Meetings no later than 6 weeks after the last day of the conference. Later requests cannot be considered.
- Changes to the registration rate selected in the finalized registration form, including received invoice, can only be applied for unpaid invoices. In such case, the attendee is asked to cancel the registration order and to place a new order through the registration form, including the correct registration rate.
- Registration fees will only be refunded if the notice of cancellation is received by Copernicus Meetings before 31 August 2021.
- Cancellations after 31 August 2021 are not eligible for a refund.
- There is no reason (including but not limited to illness) for registration cancellation that makes the above-mentioned deadline for cancellations inapplicable.
- Once your payment has been processed, you will be informed by email with your receipt and your invoice attached.
- All registrations will be registered through the Copernicus Office Trader, which will also allow the registrants to monitor their entry.